Dear Canoe Islander’s,
The Lodge received great news in June! New York State has eclipsed the 70% vaccination rate among those eligible, and most Covid-19 restrictions have been dropped. As we are approaching your arrival at Canoe Island Lodge, we wanted to check in with our valued guests. The Lodge has returned to almost full operations for the summer of 2021, including meals in the dining room, lunch on the Windjammer Deck, and boating activities. Breakfast and dinner will be served in the main dining rooms as in years past (including our famous Thursday night BBQ on the Island!), with the same hours. Chip and Mikey will be welcoming everyone to the Lodge on Saturday nights on the Windjammer Deck, along with a festive outdoor bar. And new this year we welcome the music of Brandon LaRocca to the Tavern each Wednesday night!
The Lodge now has a Pickleball Court, as well as a few Disc Golf Targets!! The Pickleball Court is on the back half of the basketball court, and the Disc Golf Targets are on the upper fields across the street. Bring your own equipment, or we have some for you to borrow. The Tennis Courts are open for use as well.
We have altered our procedures for turnover Saturdays at the Lodge to the following :
- The Lodge will welcome guests on Saturdays anytime after 3pm to enjoy property, however rooms are not assured until 5 pm. Please do not arrive at the property before 3pm on arrival days. The office will be closed during the mid afternoon hours.
- The Windjammer Lunch Restaurant will be closed on Saturdays
- There will not be any Island shuttle boats running on Saturdays
- Please respect the needs of our cleaning staff and depart the property by 11:00 am on check out day
- Unfortunately the Children’s Activities program will not be offered at the Lodge this year. We are still offering Chip’s Kids Musical Program on Monday Nights, weather permitting outside on the Windjammer Deck.
As the Lodge is not required to certify vaccination status, guests should refer to CDC guidelines in regards to mask wearing, especially as your arrival date approaches since guidance is continually changing. Lodge employees are 100% vaccinated, and are not required to wear masks.
As this is our 75th Anniversary Season, we are excited to welcome you to Lake George!
Canoe Island Lodge Team