June 18, 2021
The Lodge received great news this week! New York State has recently eclipsed the 70% vaccination rate among those eligible, and most Covid-19 restrictions have been dropped. As we are approaching the summer season at Canoe Island Lodge, we wanted to check in with our valued guests. The Lodge plans to return to almost full operations for the summer of 2021, including meals in the dining room, lunch on the Windjammer Deck, and boating activities. Breakfast and dinner will be served in the main dining rooms as in years past (including our famous Thursday night BBQ on the Island!), with the same hours.
The year of Covid did bring with it many pains and hardships, and it also brought a few changes to the Lodge that will continue this season. Due to enhanced cleaning procedures, we will need to adhere to the to following:
- The Lodge will welcome guests on Saturdays anytime after 3pm to enjoy property, however rooms are not assured until 5 pm. Please do not arrive at the property before 3pm on arrival days.
- The Windjammer Lunch Restaurant will be closed on Saturdays
- There will not be any Island shuttle boats running on Saturdays
- Please respect the needs of our cleaning staff and depart the property by 11:00 am on check out day
- Unfortunately the Children’s Activities program will not be offered at the Lodge this year. We are trying to organize some outdoor evening activities on the Windjammer Deck, including movies and Chip’s kids Musical Program, although we are still waiting on updated state guidance
As the Lodge is not required to certify vaccination status, guests should refer to CDC guidelines in regards to mask wearing, especially as your arrival date approaches since guidance is continually changing. Lodge employees are 100% vaccinated, and are not required to wear masks.
On this opening day of our 75th Anniversary Season, we are excited to welcome you back to Lake George!